Project-based learning (aka. PBL) is a pedagogy in which students learn by actively engaging in real-world and personally meaningful projects.
And in this episode, we are lucky to have Dr. Jennifer Pieratt to give us a deep dive into it.
Dr. Jennifer Pieratt holds a PhD in Educational Philosophy, with an emphasis in Project Based Learning. She is an accomplished author and sought-after speaker on the topic of PBL. Previously Jenny was a classroom teacher at High Tech High, an organization that operates sixteen schools in San Diego County. She is also a former School Development Coach for New Tech Network and National Faculty at Buck Institute for Education.
Jenny now is the founder of CraftedEd and is doing tons of coaching and consulting to administrators and teachers across the US and abroad. You can learn more about her approach to PBL in her award-nominated books: Keep it Real with PBL (elementary + secondary)
Connect with Dr. Jennifer Pieratt:
CraftedEd| Twitter | Facebook
Show Notes with Selected Links
- [1:41] What does your first experience with PBL look like ? And any frustration or struggles from it?
- [5:00] What are the key components in PBL? How do you define PBL?
- [7:30] Could you give us a PBL example so that we can know how it might look like in classroom?
- [10:25] Why group grades are discouraged and any examples with project benchmarks ?
- [13:34] How often a teacher should do benchmarks?
- [14:10] What are the misconceptions of PBL that you always need to demystify for teachers?
- [15:52] How can different subject teachers collaborate with each other in designing PBL?
- [17:30] What is the feedback you got from teachers that built PBL given your coaching and the transformation of their students’ learning?
- [19:00] If a teacher wants to try out PBL, how they can take their first step or use your CraftedCurriculum service?
- [21:55] What is one piece of advice you would give to teachers who wants to try out PBL?
- [22:55] Other than your books, are there any books that you gave out the most?
- [24:15] Which educator’s work you are following the most recently?
- [25:59] Parting thoughts.
您在這集中有哪個最喜歡的點子嗎？歡迎在以下留言與我分享！ What is your favorite idea from this episode? Please let me know in the comment section!
Please click on this link.