Rebecca Chambers is a high school teacher in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Her goal as a teacher was to make a classroom a place where students could feel good about who they were, gain self-confidence and to know that she cared about them. She also wanted to make it a place where students were engaged and could get out of their seats to learn the material.
She is the founder of RISE Academy, an online community connected school for the next generation of social change-makers. To learn more about Rebecca teaching philosophy, check out the CBC article done on her classroom in May 2018 How an Ottawa teacher is helping students unlearn learning.
Connect with Rebecca:
Website | Blogs | Facebook | Twitter
Show Notes with Selected Links
- [1:29] In 2011, Sir Ken Robinson’s popular TED talk “Do Schools Kill Creativity” changed you. Why and how did Sir Ken Robinson’s talk inspire you?
- [4:51] How unlearning process looks like in your own journey ?
- [8:26] What did you see the transformation in your students before and after the unlearning?
- [12:46] If a teacher wants to start unlearning journey, how they can take the first step?
- [16:18] Any teaching methods you found helpful?
- Google form for effective feedback.
- [18:14] Would you mind telling us more about how you came up with Social Change Maker and what kids can learn through this program?
- [23:10] How to guide kids in these social change projects especially that the goals are not well-defined?
- [26:08] Is there any books or talks that you recommended to others the most?
- [28:25] Parting thoughts.
Please go to here.
您在這集中有哪個最喜歡的點子嗎？歡迎在以下留言與我分享！ What is your favorite idea from this episode? Please let me know in the comment section!