“What happens when you lose touch with your self-awareness and stop thinking about your everyday beliefs, habits, and routines? You simply go through the motions.” – Amber Harper.
How is your feeling now? Do you feel exhausted or feel like your life is okay? In this bizarre year, I’ve heard so many educators feel overwhelmed or anxious for the enormous change. Today we are really lucky to have Amber Harper to guide us how to tune in ourselves in these crazy days.
Amber Harper is an educator, author, Google Certified Trainer, and Teacher Burnout Coach. She’s the founder of burnedinteacher.com and author of Hacking Teacher Burnout which empowers burned-out teachers to believe that they deserve and can achieve a happier and more fulfilled life with her 8-step BURNED-IN process.
Amber hosts a weekly podcast dedicated to action, inspiration, and support for teachers dealing with burnout. The show is called The Burned-In Teacher Podcast.
Connect with Amber:
Website | Twitter
Show Notes with Selected Links
- [01:39] Story behind that drove Amber to create the burned in movement.
- [05:34] How did Amber know she was burned out at that time?
- [09:08] The definition of burned-in teachers. The characteristics of burned-in teachers have compared to burned out teachers.
- [11:41] The three types of burnout.
- [13:48] What is a teacher brand? Why it is important?
- [17:52] Questions to ask yourself to understand your teacher brand.
- [20:40] The ways to identify our habits and strengths.
- [27:29] After identifying the habit and strengths, tips to nurture them or even change the bad habits.
- [36:57] Amber’s own journey to change a habit of hers.
- Hacking Teacher Burnout by Amber Harper
- [39:04] 1- 2 books that have influenced Amber’s thinking a lot in the past few years.
- [40:34] If Amber has a super woman power to change the education system in the US, what would it be?
- [43:14] Parting thoughts
Please go to [TBD]
- How do you feel every morning after getting out of the bed? Do you feel excited to start the class and meet you students?
- Do you have a special time for yourself to pause or exercise every day?
What can you do tomorrow
- Take the burned in teacher quiz and learn where you are now.
- Ask your students or colleagues about how they feel about you to understand your teacher brand and what your strengths are.